Have you considered shopping at a boutique but need help figuring out where to start? Since boutiques cost more than your average retail chain, you want to ensure that you get the most bang for your buck. The best clothing store boutique will have knowledgeable staff to handle any questions. What else makes a superior boutique? We have the information you need to know.
The Staff Needs to be Knowledgeable and Accommodating
To expand upon the point made in the introduction, good qualities of a boutique staff member would be:
- An in-depth understanding of what the boutique has to offer and is up to date on the latest fashion trends
- They need to be able to provide excellent customer service.
- They should be fearless in doing more physical things, such as helping customers figure out their measurements.
- Boutique staff must be reliable, trustworthy, and show up every day. Boutiques are much smaller than your bigger chains, so they rely on the team players to keep everything running.
Customer Service Should Be a Priority
Good customer service is a must for any business. However, since boutiques are small and rely on word of mouth to attract much of their business, they really need to set themselves apart from the competition. Focusing on quality customer service is an excellent way to do that.
What does exceptional customer service entail? It consists of taking care of the customer before, during, and after the retail transaction.
- Before: Ensure the customer feels welcomed when they enter the store and offer a friendly hello. The staff should ask the customer if they need any assistance and make themselves available at any point to do so.
- During: If and when questions arise, the staff member should handle inquiries to the best of their ability. They must also be prepared for more physical tasks, such as helping with measurements or looking for a specific item.
- After: Sometimes things don’t work out how we want them to, and it’s no one’s fault. It just happens. When these things occur, boutiques must be ready to offer hassle-free returns. Follow-up calls may also be necessary to ensure a happy clientele base and keep them happy.
If a boutique stays on top of these things, it’s doing what it should and should be able to keep a healthy clientele. Customers can trust a boutique that follows these guidelines. They will probably be coming back for more, as well.